Saturday, June 21, 2008

A good find

I had a not-so-hostile sibling fight last night so i opened ym to talk to someone and cool my head off. . . that someone was a friend of mine way back in H.S. He told me to amuse myself, watch a comedy movie or scribble, or just DO SOMETHING to keep myself from eating myself (lol). . . and since i've exhausted up all my DVD supplies (visually speaking), i needed to watch something else from someone else's site.

And so i scoured the net looking for good movies. (oh yeah, i forgot he recommended two but i've watched one of them and i was not in the mood to watch the other). I searched 10 best films on google. . . and couldn't find anything except dorks who keep mentioning hollywood movies. I mean, don't get me wrong, i like hollywood movies. Lemme see. . . my fave classics are ben hur, lawrence of arabia and the longest day (sorry, classic romance ain't my thing . . . I can't bear to watch a guy in a mustache sweep a 60's looking girl off her feet, as he holds her with one arm and tells her "Darling, I'll never live another day without you" ---> it makes my skin crawl. . . ) and there are a lot of good modern ones too: autumn in new york, fight club, silence of the lambs, devil's advocate, event horizon, primal fear. . . etc. but i got tired of hollywood and their mindless taste in movie titles these days (excluding a few good ones that pop up every now and then and the superhero movies they're making ----> i'm mindless myself XD ). So the search went on. . . until it narrowed down to the top asian movies with lots of kung fu and jet li, and then to the top asian romantic then to the top japanese romantic drama until i reached a forum that recommended this particular movie . . .



Well . . the girl ain't really that pretty (she had a horribly cute smile in that nerdy face of hers, lol), and well. . . i'm not GAY to watch this movie because the guy was the same one that starred in Nodame Cantabile, but the opening act really set the mood. . . and so, I was like "ok, let's finish this."

So after an hour and a half of exposure i stood up, took a deep breath and found out that i wasn't even a bit angry or irritated. I was depressed, terribly in fact and i can't keep myself from forgetting that nerdy smile and pout and the weird way the girl walked in the movie. I turned off the monitor and just stared in space for a good half an hour and finally told myself "Shit! i love that movie."

the ending's a bit cliche actually, but it was so well done that even if you knew it would happen, you would never be able to help yourself but cry (i dropped a tear or two . . . OK OK!!! so it was more than a dozen. . . you happy now!?) . but that's just me (i must be a man with a hose for a tear duct)

Anyway, the point of all this is that i'm recommending this movie to you . . . the readers of this hideous, late-to-update blog, not because i personally like it but because i think it's really well done (like a juicy steak). and don't think i endorsed this movie so you could comment to me "thank you" or "your taste sucks". Seriously it's not for the comment. . . but if you happen to watch it and thank me, lemme just reply by saying "doh!, I told you so!"


Btw, i watched the Hulk and i liked it better than the first for various reasons: First because it's what i imagined hulk should be (though the first movie was actually more faithful to the image of the comic hulk ---> leaping long distances, healing insanely fast etc), second, because his opponent (Abomination) was the kind of villain that supports the hulk's portrait as a rampaging beast, third, because it was darker, and fourth because i like norton as banner better than bana even if the latter have the first three letters of bruce's surname.

umm. . . bad parts: live tyler's voice. the actress was ok, the voice was far from it. and some stupid lines (there were some lines that makes me wanna kill the writer).

7 comments:

kazuya014 said...

hehehe.. heavenly forest? yan ung tada kimi wo aishiteru dba? then there's another movie just like that ung ren'ai shashin... hehehe

don't forget to watch sky of love james...

James said...

ok ok . . i wont forget. . just got out of the bathroom, and im already typing my comment. . . lol

Ira Melizia said...

napanood mo na pala yan?!!!

"it was the only kiss, the love i have ever known.."

tearjerker to the maxxx!!

hehe..pinanood ko lang yan kasi sabi ng friends ko may similarities daw kami nung girl..haha...*at ok na ok sa akin yun!! haha

James said...

i have my share of tearjerkers. . . but this one's at the top of the list. even until now i can't forget the girl with the glasses.

and that line he read on the wall of her gallery: "it was the only kiss, the love i have ever known.." reminded me of a song from Utada Hikaru titled 'Be my last'.

kazuya014 said...

hehe of course james you're typing

anyway post more of your must watch movies and a little bit of synopsis too... hehe post mo na rin kng sad pde mawatch or DL hehe

(how demanding of me)

Mara Pix said...

hala... may namatay ba sa movie?
kalingaw...

James said...

naa. . . senxa na Mar, im a sucker for endings with death. though i dont really call most of them tragic.