Friday, January 25, 2013

A vague update. . .

Took me a long time to write something. . . though, in all honesty, in the past 3-4 years that this account remained inactive, Plenty of events worth writing had passed by. True to the testament of these past years is my relative ease in writing this document, however, I still have a lot to savor from the lessons I'm digesting from my superiors and the way they approach writing. My palate on this skill is still dry and sorely needs more attention. .  .

So yeah, what had happened in these past years? To make the long story short, let me inform you of the major events that had transpired while this blog ran itself into dust due to my apparent lack of interest to document journal-worthy occassions. First, I left my old place  for my hometwon, where I'm still currently residing. Second, I got a job. . . .a comfortable yet a truly quite exhausting occupation. The latter, in itself, merits a dozen of these tiny pieces of which, sadly, I have no time to write about. Lastly, I taught myself to ride a bike. I'm now a proud owner of a scooter (for anyone who cares to picture the scene of me on a bike).

Hopefully, that one paragraph above me will give those who care enough to read this, an idea of the mundane milieu I found myself in. What surprises me more about these past three years is the fact that despite the obvious atmosphere, I still have the will to claw myself out of a "zombie-like" (robotic if you will) state of existence to which my colleagues had graciously accepted  way farther than the time I had set foot in that office space for interview. It should be worth mentioning, however, that despite my obvious distaste in office norms, their influence and "coaxing" had somehow rubbed itself on me. I find it a welcome addition as it had somehow refined some parts of me which i find, rather "nerdy" . . and to some extent, "bizarre". Take my dress for one. If i were to judge how I looked the day this blog went AWOL, I would sincerely have told myself I looked heinous. 

With all that talk aside, however, I have not written anything about what I intended to express. This piece  took a form of its own that now seems more of  an update on myself than anything else. As such, I will leave it as it is, and start writing anew all these thoughts I meant to write in the first place. 

No comments: